The Elk County Recycling trailer is available in Longton the 1st Saturday of each month, between 9:00am to 10:30am.
The trailer parks across the street from City Hall - 501 Kansas Ave.
Types of household items accepted:
Marked with a 1 - these are usually soft drink and juice containers that you can see through
- Plastic containers - rinsed, crushed and sorted -
Marked with a 2 - these are milk and large water jugs, not dyed
Colored detergent bottles
PLEASE - NO PETROLEUM CONTAINERS
- Steel cans, all sizes. Rinse. It's not necessary to remove labels.
- Aluminum cans. Rinse and reduce.
- Office or mixed paper. all junk mail and miscellaneous paper all weights and colors.
- Cardboard. Remove all non-cardboard packing and break down to lay flat.